A tip of the hat to Old Winnipeg
In 1898, the Great West Saddlery Warehouse building was constructed on the corner of Market Avenue and Bertha Street for the company’s owner, Elisha F. Hutchings. In the bustling boom climate of turn-of-the-century Winnipeg, the Saddlery enjoyed success, becoming the world’s largest manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer of harnesses and saddles. Soon, more buildings were erected to house a workforce 300 strong.
While horses and saddles may be staples of an era gone by, the entrepreneurial spirit that defined early Winnipeg lives on. The Saddlery on Market offers a place for Winnipeggers to meet in style and comfort. Inspired by our city’s past, we serve homey, comforting food made with ingredients that express the bounty of our region, accented with sophisicated, globally inspired touches.
Come visit our warm, rustic space at 114 Market Avenue and take part in Winnipeg’s history.